- Drawing online
- Experimental drawing online
- Drawing with pastels online
- Painting online
- Artistic anatomy online
- Fashion design online
- Art therapy online
- Art history online
- Private lessons online
Art history online
Course topic: The Art of Italian Renaissance
What happened exactly around 1400 in Florence to turn so radically the way art was meant before into what we mean today?
This course offers a concise and complete exploration of Italian art from 1400 to 1600 and covers figures like Donatello, Masaccio, Botticelli, Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raffaello.
The course includes 8 lessons:
1. Precursors of the Renaissance in the 13th and 14th century: Giotto and Cimabue
2. The dawn of the Renaissance in sculpture and architecture: Donatello, Brunelleschi, Alberti
3. The virtual space in Masaccio’s painting and Lippi’s idealised beauty
4. Art and philosophy: Piero della Francesca and Botticelli
5. The accomplished humanist: Leonardo
6. An art of colours: the Venetian school
7. Dealing with power: Raffaello and the Church
8. Michelangelo: the Arti del disegno
Each lesson lasts 90 minutes.
The schedule options for this course are:
A) Monday & Wednesday, 11:00 – 12:20 GMT+2
B) Monday & Thursday, 19:00 – 20:30 GMT+2
Other schedule options of your choice can be arranged, depending on the teacher's availability.