All the information we provide here are taken from the official website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs   and in particular from the page dedicated to the issue of visas: . You must carefully check this very helpful website in case you have to fill in the visa application form.

All foreigners intending to enter Italy must provide the documentation required to justify the reasons and duration of their stay as well as, in some prescribed cases, the availability of adequate economic means and lodging. In some cases foreigners need an entry visa, application for which can be made at the Italian Diplomatic and Consular Representations in your permanent address region. You can find a list of the Italian institutions on this page:

Citizens from European Union’s countries do not need any visa, citizens from some countries need entry visa only if their stay in Italy is longer than 90 days, citizens from other countries need entry visa in any case. See on this page whether you need a visa or not:

So, first of all, you better apply to the Italian Consulate in your residence country to get the exact and detailed information about visas, as there might be various procedures in different countries.

There are many types of visa, but if you want to attend a course in our school for longer than 90 days or you need a visa to enter Italy in any case, you have to ask for a STUDY VISA.

Here we give an example of the requirements that the citizens of the United States must fulfill to obtain a study visa, if they want to attend a school in Italy for a period longer than 90 days. This information excerpt is taken from the site of the Italian Embassy in Washington:

Visa applicants must appear in person to submit their visa request.
Applicants must submit the following documents (2 sets of documents: 1 original plus 1 copy):

  • Passport or travel document accepted by the Schengen countries valid for a period of 3 months beyond the applicant\'s last day of stay abroad. The passport must have a blank page on which the visa will be affixed. (plus: copy of the official page with personal data and expiration date). In your passport, your complete birthdate must be mentioned: day, month and year.
  • One Application form completely and clearly filled out, to be signed by the applicant.
  • One recent ICAO standard photograph: 45mm (1,77 inch) by 35mm (1,37 inch)  in size, full face, front view, color.
  • Complete documentation on the courseor cultural program that will be attended. One of the following:
    • An official certificate of acceptance/enrolment from an Italian educational institution. Some consulates require that the course fees have been entirely paid and that this is indicated on the certificate.
  • Financial guarantee must be presented in one of the following manners:
    • If you are financially responsible for yourself: present a letter or bank statement from your bank, on the bank’s letterhead, signed by a bank official and with a recent date, indicating account balance. (A minimum of $ 800.00 per each month of stay in Italy is required.).
    • If parents are financially responsible for you: present their Notarized Affidavit stating their financial commitment for expenses incurred in Italy. A letter or bank statement from their bank, on the bank’s letterhead, signed by a bank official and with a recent ate, indicating account balance. (A minimum of $ 800.00 per each month of stay in Italy is required.)
    • If your school or another institution is providing financial aid, present a letter from that institution’s Financial Advisor stating amount granted. (A minimum of $ 800.00 per each month of stay in Italy is required).
  • Health insurance coverage must be presented in one of the following manner:
  • A signed declaration from your health insurance company stating that you have a policy that will pay for medical expenses, emergency and hospital stays incurred in Italy during your period of stay there. The dates of the program must be mentioned. If you cannot obtain the above mentioned declaration or do not have a health insurance policy, then you must show proof of purchase of an Italian health insurance, or present an Affidavit of Health Insurance Coverage stating that you will purchase an Italian insurance policy upon your arrival in Italy, before registering with the local Police Dept. (Questura).
  • Proof of suitable lodging (not always requested)
  • Current document of identity (driver License, State I.D., student I.D.)

The Consular office will evaluate the documents submitted and may request additional ones at its discretion. Furthermore, you should also be aware that submitting the required documentation does not automatically guarantee the issuance of a visa.

Apply now

Don't miss any of our news...subscribe to our newsletter!