- Drawing online
- Oil painting online
- Palette knife oil painting online
- Contemporary painting online
- Watercolor online
- Artistic anatomy online
- Art history online
- Italian online
FINE ART AND HANDYCRAFT COURSES
Palette knife oil painting online
During this course
students will learn how to paint using painting knives instead of the usual
brushes. Painting with a palette knife allows the artist to create textures and
vibrant images through the juxtaposition of colors.
After a brief theoretical and practical
introduction, students will paint a subject chosen from a selection of
suggested images, using palette knives and oil paints.
- Chromatic Table
- Characteristics of palette knives and the different types
- Basic tips for painting with a palette knife
- The different work surfaces
- Insights on portraits
- How to use the spatula
- The mixing of colors
- Floral motifs painting
It is possible to book 60- or 90-minute lessons, once or twice a week, for a minimum of 2 weeks.
The teacher speaks Italian, English and Spanish.
Schedules are arranged according to the teacher's availability. If you have special needs, you can let us know and we will try to arrange lessons at the times that are most convenient for you.
List of materials
- small spatula, medium spatula
- oil colors: primary colors, white, black, 2 browns (one light, one dark), magenta and cyan
- rags to clean the painting knives
- canvas, minimum
dimensions 30x40 cm
What are the pros of using a palette knife?
- Palette knives are less subject to wear compared to brushes.
- Easy to clean (with a cloth or absorbent paper).
- Palette knives allow you to remove the paint easily if you made any mistake.
- They last much longer than brushes if you take reasonable care of them.
- Can be used with both oil and acrylic paints.
- You can paint more freely and quickly and give an impressionistic touch to your work.
- No need to use thinners: the paint must keep its density and knives can be cleaned without thinner, as opposed to brushes.
- Since they are so easy to clean, your colors and color mixes remain “cleaner”.